To successfully achieve the CPSA designation (and the benefits that accrue), candidates must do all of the following:
- Attend a 3-day Pumping System Requirements and Analysis training course and pass an examination.
- Attend a 1-day course covering both the ISO 14414 Standard for Energy Assessments of Pump Systems and Pump System Optimisation
- Carry out a Pump System Audit in accordance with ISO 14414.
- Produce a Pump System Audit report in accordance with ISO 14414.
- Demonstrate active involvement in the industry.
- Maintain the above if they wish to continue to use the CPSA designation and receive regular communication from the programme.
CPSA registered engineers will be re-assessed every 3 years by the BPMA, which will be a process of identifying that their audits are still in accordance with ISO14414.
CPSA engineers will also be required to maintain their QSPSAT status in accodance with the DOE Policy For Maintaining Qualified Specialist Status dated 14 September 2009.